The College has 6 core values which underpin everything we do.
Respect is one of our key values but is also embedded within all the other 5 values:
We make sure that everything we do helps:
- empower all students and staff to utilise the full range of resources and opportunities available to them
- make learning more inclusive, and to ensure that learners of all ages and backgrounds are able to realise their potential
- raise awareness of what different communities bring to the College
- provide an environment that is conducive to the personal and professional development of each individual
- remove the barriers that can prevent members of particular groups from achieving their full potential, be it as a learner or a member of staff at the College
- ensure a zero tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind
You can find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity in our Equality and Diversity Policy and our Equality and Diversity Report.
South Essex College marked World Mental Health Day on Wednesday by encouraging students and staff to talk about the subject.
A series of events were held across South Essex College’s campuses to offer staff and students a variety of proven de-stress activities ahead of the busy exam period.
Employability students at South Essex College attended a festival to celebrate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
Disability Confident Committed
South Essex College is certified as Disability Confident Committed.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
You may also want to read: