Support and guidance
Hiring an Apprentice
As a leading provider of skills and education across the Thames Estuary, South Essex College is the perfect partner to help with your workforce development, including apprenticeships. Whether you are a levy paying business or a SME, we can work with you to develop bespoke training to meet your needs.
Upskilling an existing member of staff? Recruiting new talent?
The Benefits to taking on an Apprentice
In a competitive consumer market, whatever the sector; customer experience has become a crucial part of business strategies. Delivering first-class customer experiences relies on the skills and capabilities of your workforce to build meaningful lasting relationships. Apprenticeships have made a massive impact on delivering outstanding customer experiences and we’re seeing more organisations measure customer experience as a big benefit from Apprenticeship programmes. Embedding culture and customer ethos into programmes to achieve a consistent and powerful approach to customer management is essential.
Other practical metrics that can be considered for measuring the value or impact of Apprenticeships may include: impact on costs for recruitment, Sickness and absenteeism, impact on productivity, Motivation, Cultural alignment and Community Engagement.
For companies who invest in apprentices:
- 83% rely on apprenticeship programmes to provide the skilled workers they need for the future
- 80% report a significant increase in employee retention
- 57% report apprentices going on to management positions within the company
- 92% believe it has led to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 59% believe apprentices are more cost-effective than hiring skilled staff, and a similar percentage feel apprenticeships lead to lower overall training costs
- 41% feel apprentices make a valuable contribution to the business during the training period, and a further 33% believe they add value from day one!
* From data compiled by the National Apprenticeship Service
Working with you to develop bespoke apprenticeship programmes
We recently launched a new Marine Engineering apprenticeship in response to demand from our customers and students. Despite the Thames Estuary being a thriving hive of maritime activity, there was no specific marine engineering programme in the South East of the country until the College launched its course in October.
The College is in a prime position to offer the course, with Essex boasting 360 miles of coastline and 95 marinas, bringing the much-needed training to the apprentices’ doorstep.
If you feel there is a gap in the market for an apprenticeship in your sector and you’d like to explore ideas, get in touch.
We have crafted our services to support you: from hiring one apprentice, to large-scale talent development solutions.